As marble is a natural product each piece is unique and different. No two slabs of stone will ever be the same. It is this uniqueness that makes the product beautiful.
Please follow the below care instructions for all Eureka Street Furniture marble products:
- Marble is a natural porous product and is therefore susceptible to staining. Any liquids (including water) that are left on the marble will be absorbed into the stone and leave a stain. Any spills (including food) should be cleaned straight away. Customers should always use coasters and placemats to avoid leaving stains and ring marks.
- Only use approved natural stone cleaning product. Marble should be sealed every few years.
- All marble is fragile and extreme care should be taken when the marble is moved.
- If marble becomes stained, contact a professional marble restoration and refinishing service.
- Do not chop food directly onto marble as it will scratch the surface. Likewise, do not drag object across the stone. Any porous object like vases or pot plans should have protection between the object and the marble.
- When cleaning the marble use a clean, soft cloth for best results. Do out use abrasive cleaning tools as they will also scratch the finish. Too much cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks. Do not use regular household cleaning products as they may contain lemon, vinegar, or other acids on marble as they will eat into to finish.
- A good way to tell if your marble needs sealing is to see if the water beads when left on the stone. However, it is important to note that sealing the marble will only provide a buffer of protection. It will not provide absolute protection and even sealed stone will stain if liquids are left on their surface for long periods of time.
Please speak with our staff in-store about our extended warranty programs, which include added protection against accidental damage and spills.
Failure to care for your product correctly will void any warranty.Back to Care Page >