Fabric lounges can be easily maintained with regular cleaning and care. There are several products available in store to help with maintenance, including Scotch Guarding products to add additional protection. Please see one of our friendly staff members to find out more. Here are some general tips.
Please follow the below care instructions for all Eureka Street Furniture fabric products:
- Vacuum regularly using a low suction setting to remove dust and dirt, otherwise fabric fibres can be damaged
- Professional cleaning is still recommended approximately every 12 months to keep in good condition.
- Take care with clothing such as belts, buckles, rings etc on the fabric as they may scratch or snag.
- Ensure pet’s claws or collars do not snag or scratch the fabric.
- Any piece of furniture whether it be a timber, leather or fabric design will fade if in direct sunlight. Try to limit the amount of exposure on your fabric lounge to ensure lasting colour.
- Avoid eating and drinking on or around your fabric lounge to prevent spills and stains. If an accident does occur, carefully soak up the spillage by gently ‘blotting’ with a clean, dry, absorbent cloth. NEVER machine wash covers, always use a professional cleaning service.
- Do not put newspaper on your lounge as the ink may transfer.
- Do not use household detergents or strong chemicals to clean your upholstery.
- Fabric pilling: Pilling in fabric is the natural result of daily wear and is not considered a fault in the fabric. Many things can result in pilling, including: climate, clothing type, pets etc. Fabric pilling is considered normal wear and tear and is not covered under warranty. Pilling can easily be removed with a battery-operated pilling tool available from most haberdashery stores
Please speak with our staff in-store about our extended warranty programs, which include added protection against accidental damage and spills.
Failure to care for your product correctly will void any warranty.Back to Care Page >